Welding over Picklex® 20 coating, compared to AWS or ASME Code Welding
Welding can be performed over Picklex® 20 coated metal surface after complete drying.
Performance/Benefits of welding through Picklex® 20 coating on Cold rolled steel:
- Picklex® 20 completely prepares the metal surface by removing mill oil/cutting fluid, flash rust and put a nano conversion coating which allows welding to be performed through the coating.
- Increases weld strength considerably on cold rolled steel and de-scaled hot rolled steel.
- Does not cause hydrogen embrittlement and so the chances of weld failure is zero, which means no re-work, saving a lot of labor, time & cost. There has been zero welding failure since 1998
- Acts as an Anti-spatter saving labor, time & cost
- After Welding and removal of the weld scale, spraying Picklex® 20 on the welding area provides a very long-term indoor rust protection
- Provides good adhesion of the welding area with the top coating
Performance/Benefits of welding through Picklex® 20 coating on Hot rolled steel with Mill Scale:
- Picklex® 20 completely converts the mill scale to a conversion coating through which welding can be performed after complete drying (dried by Heat Gun). This eliminates removal of the mill scale before Welding.
- Weld strength is still higher compared to the AWS or ASME code welding method (which is performed after removing mill scale).
- Does not cause hydrogen embrittlement. The chances of weld failure is zero
- Acts as an Anti-spatter
- After welding and removal of the weld scale, spraying Picklex® 20 on the welding area provides a very long-term indoor rust protection before top coating
- Provides good adhesion with the top coating
- Saves a lot of labor, time & cost from removal of mill scale and weld spatters
WELDING OVER PICKLEX® 20 COATING