Product Description: TECHNICAL INFORMATION, FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Picklex® 20 is a unique US EPA Tested/Verified, Award winning “Value Added Water Based Green Product”.
Picklex® 20 is a Green Product which eliminates all hazardous/toxic chemicals such as solvent, acid, phosphate, chromate etc., including Sanding/Blasting, which are presently used in the metal surface preparation process. The Unit Cost for the product is few cents per sq. ft., but the actual product cost comes out below Zero after use, because of eliminating one or more traditional process steps. Picklex® 20 performs multiple jobs – removes mill oil/cutting fluid, flash rust, applies a protective/conversion coating which provides years of indoor rust protection and completely prepares the metal surface for Welding, Priming, Painting, Electro-static Painting & Powder Coating, saving a lot of Labor, Time & Cost, all in simple One Step Process.
Picklex® 20 is environmentally safe, non-hazardous, water based & ready to use product.
Picklex® 20 is Developed and Made In USA.
Picklex® 20 performs the following tasks (multiple jobs) in One Step as shown below:
1) METAL SURFACE CLEANER – Removes light mill oil and water based cutting fluid
2) RUST REMOVER – Removes surface rust completely and stops the oxidation process. Does not etch the metal surface while removing the Rust, so the metal surface stays Intact (useful for Injection Molding Die).
3) RUST INHIBITOR – Provides years of indoor Rust Protection (more than 6 to 8 years). Also provides some outdoor Rust Protection depending on the location
4) 100% RUST/SCALE CONVERTER – Converts 100% Rust and Mill scale to a Conversion coating (no oxidation property left)
5) PRE-TREATMENT/CONVERSION COATING – Provides Pre-treatment and Conversion coating on the metal surface for excellent adhesion (bonding) with the top coating. Eliminates Sanding or Blasting of the new metal surface. Picklex® 20 works at room temperature without rinsing.
6) WELD PREP., ANTI-SPATTER INCLUDING WELDING THROUGH MILL SCALE – The coating allows Welding and increases weld strength considerably on cold rolled steel. Welding can also be performed through the mill scale of Hot rolled steel after applying Picklex® 20 (without removing the mill scale) and still provides better welding than AWS specification welding. Picklex® 20 does not cause hydrogen embrittlement and therefore the chances of Weld Failure is close to Zero. Also, it acts as an Anti-spatter.
7) SEALER – Picklex® 20 coating seals by itself and stops further oxidation
8) DE-SCALER (MILL SCALE, HEAT SCALE) – One Step De-scaling removes mill scale, provide conversion coating and Seal the coating by one-step dipping process with Zero disposal. Prepares the steel ready for Welding and finishing
9) STAINLESS STEEL PASSIVATION: Complete SS passivation of Stainless Steel by a dipping process at room temperature or in heated condition (to speed up process), with Zero Waste Disposal
Eliminates Nitric Acid Passivation Process.
Picklex® 20 eliminates blasting for new metal surface, such as cold rolled steel, aluminum, galvanized steel, stainless steel etc. (blasting causes hazardous waste according to EPA).
Picklex®20 completely removes the surface rust/oxidation, provides pre-treatment/conversion coating, seals the coating, all at the same time in one step at room temperature without rinsing, resulting in a rust/contamination free metal surface with zero oxidation on the surface (stops the oxidation process). Picklex®20 can be applied by brushing, spraying, dipping, wiping etc.
Picklex® 20 not only provides much higher quality results, but also solves all the quality problems which are regularly faced during metal surface preparation before welding and finishing, such as Rusting problem, Weld failure problems and Adhesion (bonding) problems.
Since 1998, there has been Zero Welding and Adhesion (bonding) failure, which reduced the Re-work to Zero, saving a lot of labor, time & cost.
1) Complete Rust Removal on any Metal surface (Ferrous and Non-ferrous metal)
2) Long term Indoor Rust Protection (for several years)
3) Welding, including welding on Hot rolled steel without removing the Mill scale
4) Priming, Painting, Electrostatic painting, Powder coating, Epoxy coating, Ceramic coating etc.
5) Metal surface preparation for High Temperature coating, such as Epoxy Coating (oven temperature around 500°F), Ceramic coating (baking temperature around 1800°F)
6) One Step De-scaling/Coating of Hot Rolled steel (mill scale) & Heat scale at room temperature.
7) Used for metal surface preparation of New metal as well as for re-painting jobs after blasting (maintenance)
8) Injection Molding – For Die manufacturers as well as Injection molding companies (both Plastic & Metal)
9) Stainless Steel Passivation: Complete SS passivation of Stainless Steel by a dipping process at room temperature or in heated condition (to speed up process), with Zero Waste disposal.
10) Rebar Coating: New Rebar can be de-scaled/condition/pickle/coated/sealed by Picklex® 20 in one step for better corrosion resistance during storage and also inside concrete.
Outstanding Features and Advantages:
1) Complete Green Product and Process
2) Works on all Ferrous and Non-ferrous metal surfaces including Galvanized steel and Stainless steel
3) Eliminates all hazardous/toxic chemicals such as Solvent, Acid, Phosphate, Chromate from metal surface preparation
4) No EPA or OSHA regulation
5) Works on any type of metal, ferrous and non-ferrous.
6) Eliminates one or more steps in the metal surface preparation, saving a lot of Labor, Time & Cost
7) Eliminates Blasting/Sanding of new Cold rolled steel, Aluminum, Galvanized steel etc. before finishing (Priming, Painting, Electrostatic painting, Powder coating, Epoxy coating etc.)
NOTE: If Blasting is performed (such as in case of Hot rolled steel to remove mill scale or for Re-painting job to remove old paint etc.), Near white or White Blasting is not needed (in fact, should not be done). Only Commercial or Industrial Blasting is recommended, which saves a lot of labor, time & cost.
8) Performs multiple jobs in one step. Completely removes the mill oil/cutting fluid, surface rust/oxidation, provide pre-treatment/conversion coating, seal the coating and stop the oxidation process, all at the same time in a simple one step process at room temperature without rinsing, resulting in a rust/contamination free metal surface with zero oxidation on the surface. Performs complete surface preparation in one step
9) Very large coverage (around 1600 sq. ft. per gallon, only one very thin coating needed)
10) Product cost is less than Zero after use by eliminating one or more traditional steps and more money back depending on how many steps are eliminated
11) Provides years of Indoor Rust Protection (more than 6 to 8 years). Also it can provide some Outdoor Rust Protection (few spot rust/light rust may occur from time to time, which can be removed/coated by just wiping with Picklex® 20).
12) Enhances Welding as follows:
a) Increases weld strength considerably for Cold rolled steel
b) Allows welding through mill scale for hot rolled steel without removing the mill scale (converts mill scale to a conversion coating) and still achieve higher weld strength than AWS specification welding
d) Does not cause Hydrogen Embrittlement and therefore the chances of Welding failure is close to Zero
13) Finishing (Priming, Painting, Electrostatic painting, Powder coating, Epoxy coating, Ceramic coating etc.):
a) Provides excellent adhesion even on edges, corners and welding area where the adhesion usually fails on blasted surface by traditional process
b) Do not need near white or white blasting for Hot rolled steel and for Re-painting job. Picklex® 20 prepares the metal surface rust/contamination free with zero oxidation (stops the oxidation process)
c) Longer corrosion resistance (paint life) than the same paint job performed on a blasted surface
d) Picklex® 20 coating can withstand a very high temperature (around 2000ºF). Note: High temperature top coating such as, Epoxy Coating, Ceramic coating, which has very high baking temperature, can be applied over Picklex® 20 coating. Also, where the painted surface is subjected to a very high operating temperature.
e) Picklex® 20 can replace the “Wash Primer with Chromate” as well as Chromate Conversion coating (Alodine) which are highly toxic.
f) For Steel building or any steel structure made of hot rolled steel which is installed inside a facility (not directly exposed to the outside weather), Picklex® 20 can be applied right on the mill scale (without removing the mill scale), which will get completely converted to a conversion coating and just painting can be performed over the converted mill scale without a primer. This will still provide years of paint life.
14) One Step De-scaling/Coating: One Step De-scaling, Pickling and Coating (conversion coating) can be performed by a simple dipping process replacing Hydrochloric acid de-scaling/pickling process. Unlike Hydrochloric acid, this process does not need rinsing, no Waste Disposal, no Sludge, no monitoring, no concentration adjustment, no Down Time. After the process, the coating provides years of indoor Rust protection and is completely prepared for Welding, Priming, Painting, Powder Coating, Electro-static Painting
15) Injection Molding: Removes surface rust completely without changing the surface (surface stays intact) and providing years of indoor Rust Protection, restoring expensive Injection molding dies.
16) Stainless Steel Passivation: Eliminates Nitric Acid Passivation Process, Toxic Waste Disposal etc.
17) REBAR COATING: New Rebar can be de-scaled/condition/pickle/coated/sealed by Picklex® 20 One-Step De-scaling/Coating Process and can provide much better corrosion resistance inside concrete than just putting the new Rebar inside the concrete.
18) One Step Process, safe and extremely easy to use. Not too much skill is needed to use the product and achieve great results.
19) Solves all quality failures such as, Welding failure, Adhesion failure as well as solving the Rusting problem completely. Since 1998, there has been Zero Welding and Adhesion (bonding) failure, which reduced the Re-work to Zero, saving a lot of labor, time & cost.
20) Indefinite Shelf Life (did not spoil for last 20 years, stored under shaded area)
The following video shows how fast Picklex® 20 removes flash rust, provides a conversion coating & seals, all at the same time in One Step, completely preparing the metal surface ready for welding & finishing.
1) “Value Added Product” which Saves a lot of labor, time, cost & energy by eliminating one or more traditional steps during metal surface preparation for welding and finishing (priming, painting, powder coating etc.)
2) Very large coverage (around 1600 sq. ft. per gallon)
3) Unit Cost is few cents per sq. ft. along with a very less labor time, where the product cost comes out below Zero after use of the product
4) ZERO PRODUCT COST AFTER USE
5) Payback is immediately after using the Product, whether Picklex® 20 is used for one application or more than one application (with more money back, depending on how many steps are eliminated).
6) Indefinite Shelf Life. Therefore No Wastage of the product
REFUND POLICY: If for any reason you are not satisfied with the product, please ship back the product in the original container within 30 days from the purchase date for full refund (please close the cap real good & tape and pack with original packaging material).